I don’t know what it is that makes me get my hands on new and old gadgets. I have been planning to buy a PS3 for long and finally I got it. Thank you Papa. It wouldn’t have been possible without your support I bought 250 GB GOW III edition. People say its a great game well that I would have to wait and see. I am still exploring it.
I am new to gaming consoles, this is my first ever console. Alright, second; first was little master 8bit. Not into gaming much. Just bought it out of curiosity. I like to buy things which are immensely popular and are of great quality. Heard so much about PS3 and I just wanted to own one and then play ! And I also wanted to use it for media center sort of device.
So the thing is, I have a fair bit of idea about the PS3 world but never been able to do anything practical as I did not have the console. Now since I have it I am really not sure what all cool things I can do with it. So I went searching on internet. And you know its a big world out there on internet you don’t get to see everything in one day but whatever I could gather I am sharing with you guys. I will keep this post updated as soon as I get to know anything new. I am putting the pieces together because I could not find anything about it. God, my bad Google skills.
Here we go :
- We all know the multimedia capability of PS3. Its the first ever consumer affordable blue-ray player in the market and still the heart-throb of many. So you would wanna play movies over the network or from the USB hard drive. To play movies over the network from your PC you would need to setup a media server. Usually this is done via Windows Media Player but people had hard time with it and did not achieve what they were really looking for. Then came TVersity and PS3 Media Center. Trust me you guys, PS3 Media Server is the best of breed Media Server for PS3. Easy to install and setup. No hassles at all. Its recommended that you use PS3 media server with Ethernet connection to stream movies on your PS3. Normal SD movies may work fine over wifi but full HD won’t. I tried, trust me. With PS3MS you not only can stream Movies but also Music and Music Videos.
- Run Folding @ Home and server humanity.
- Add themes and Wallpapers to your PS3 and appreciate the look.
- You might be wondering why the hell PS Store and PS Home ain’t working. Its a genuine PS3, right ! I know what you did, but don’t worry I also made the same mistake. Actually You need to have a PSN ID (US or UK) to access PS Store & PS Home. You can create one on your PC or from your PS3. (BTW if you have already created an Indian PSN ID, then don’t worry. Just delete the existing user and create another one and login with the one you created from US/UK websites. PS Store or PS home as service is not available for Indian PSN id’s however online play works.)
- Rip Music to PS3 HDD.
- Get a Blu-Ray Remote to play movies via Blu-Ray Player.
- I haven’t tried it but I have heard PS3 supports USB mouse and keyboard. You can utilize the mouse and keyboard for browsing.
- Share your PSN games with your friends. You can share your paid for downloads with your friends legally.
- And last but not the least use your PS3 as room heater in winters
That’s what I could think of as of now. I know there are loads of things you should do. Do let me know via comments and I shall update the post with the same.