There may be millions of things that Indian Government needs to fix but these are few of them that I feel will decide upon our country’s future in the coming years.
- Inflation: With the most of India’s vast population living close to or below the poverty line, inflation acts as a ‘Poor Man’s Tax’. This effect is amplified when food prices rise, since food represents more than half of the expenditure of this group.
- Terrorism- I know it should have been on the top of the list however I chose it to be on the 2nd place because people are any which ways dying due to not being able to feed themselves because of the rise in price of the consumable commodities.We spend a huge amount of money on defense but where is the defense. We have been preparing for WW III for I don’t know how long. And in that process we have forgotten to spend money in the right direction.
- Unemployment – Not a big deal in the rural areas but a huge concern for the people living in the urban areas. It seems to have deteriorated in the past 1 year but we need to go miles from here. We are no where near what a developed country should be. Unemployment rate as of now is around 10%
- Infrastructure – We need around 100 CWG games organized in our country for the infrastructure to improve. After writing the last sentence, I pondered over it for a couple of seconds and this funny thought occurred to me that we would have 100 more corrupt events and millions of rupees will go into our politicians’ pockets again.
- Indo-Pak Relation: To be absolutely frank, we have to take a stand if we really want to solve this problem. It may not be a problem for the neighboring country but it is affecting us as a country, a lot. We have enough army to defeat a country like Pakistan. At the least give the opponent something to think about before they try or think about doing something which brings disgrace to our country. We keep sitting idle and wait for their response all the time after someone takes responsibility to attack India.
- Indian Constitution: I feel the root of all the problems is our constitution. Written over 60 years ago. Things are bound to change. We are still living in the same 60 year old world. We were a developing country then and are still a developing country. There hasn’t been any change, moreover our politicians and constitution has brought nothing but misery to our country.
- Uneducated Politicians: We are living in a country where an uneducated/illiterate (politically) person can enter the world of politics. We are living in a state of spiritual disbelief of which our politicians are taking undue advantage. We need to get out of this situation, and pretty fast. But the concern is who will bell the cat. These people are strong and powerful because of their unlawful deeds and its hard to reverse the effects for good.
- Division of States: If we can divide the states then it’s imminent that we would have around 30 countries within India in the next 10 years. Dividing states further was the first weakness shown by a weak leadership of our country. People will demand unethical things, it does not mean you mess up with the idea of peace and forget what you are supposed to do.
- Communal Riots: We are the world’s second largest standing army in the world. It definitely means something. But a bunch of people take over a state. Terrorize it. I am not convinced with the fact that a million armed forces can’t take down these Naxalites or any other Maoist groups. We declared them as terrorist groups but we can’t fight them. Over 30% of Indian states are affected by these groups in one way or the other.
- Education: 40% of world’s illiterate population is from India. Nothing much to say about this one.
These are my thoughts. There are so many good things to point out. And the web is flooded with information like that but till the time we don’t highlight the bad it won’t turn into good. That’s my theory. We can’t make something right till the time we don’t believe that there is something wrong.