I have been working on a theme for a long time now. I am pleased to announce my first ever theme. I have named it revolutioners on my own blog. This theme is inspired from an existing tutorial created by Jon Phillips. I have worked up on the design and layout and customized it to my needs. I have always wanted to have a WordPress theme with lots of widgets. Most importantly the widgetized footer. I really feel the widgetized footer gives a theme a professionalism and grace. And this theme is so amazingly simple and minimalist that it just loads in seconds. Just check this post out where I have done a thorough analysis of the revolutioners theme with the use of various website speed test tools. OK enough of talk lets look at the design and what I have in store for you guys. This is how the layout looks like.
OK, let me explain the layout to you first. There is a header like you have in most of the themes. Then we have a post area. Then comes the sidebar. In sidebar I have created 3 widget areas. Normally you find just one sidebar widget area with full sidebar width. I felt the need of having more sidebar widgets so I added 2 more sidebars with half the width of the original sidebar. I added 3 footer widget areas as well. I have seen most of the good quality themes with widgetized footer. So I wanted to add 3 widgets in footer. That way I can easily add anything in the widgets and that shows up in the footer. Coupled with Widget Logic plugin my any WordPress blog can be killer. Then I have the footer links in the normal area. So that was about the revolutioners theme layout.
I think I have already summed up the features of the the theme but I think its mandatory to put up the list of features of any theme. So I created a small list of unique features which makes revolutioners theme stand out amongst other WordPress themes.
- Image Free – There is not even a single image associated with the image. I have not included any image with the theme to keep the design fast and clean.
- Minimalist – Only HTML, CSS and php code, nothing else. And yes, your content for sure.
- Fully Widgetized – Total 6 widgets added in the theme. 3 for sidebar and 3 for footer to give you complete freedom to position your content anywhere you want.
- Valid XHTML and CSS – As long as you stay valid on your end…
- 2 column layout which can easily be converted into 3 column since theme supports multiple sidebar widgets.
- 100% focus on typography. You would not be let down by the end product once you install the revolutioners theme on your blog.
- Browser Compatibility : Theme works with most of the browsers. I performed a browser test with the theme on my blog and there was no problem at all.
And finally a full picture of the theme in action